writing and a student’s skill in completing one will always
be an important method of assessing a student’s skills and
abilities and will enable lecturers and examiners alike to
discriminate between candidates.
As academic essays have evolved over the time, they demand more
now than ever before from the student, with particular emphasis
on posing questions which show a candidate’s high order skill
Therefore it is very important that you learn to improve your
essay writing skills and techniques if you are to succeed in
are some general principles that you can
Essays always need a structure
- So make sure you make a simple plan for your essay.
- Always be aware of where your essay is going before you take
pen to paper, for example you must consider your conclusion at
• Essays must be in response to a specific title
- Avoid the temptation of writing everything you know
about a certain topic in your essay, irrelevancy will not help
you to gain marks with lecturers, in fact just the opposite you
are more likely to lose them.
Carefully respond to the commanding words in question.
• Don’t forget to add the essay title
- Make sure that you regularly refer back to the question-
preferably at the end of each page that you have just
towards the notion that each and every paragraph should
answer the question.
• Avoid essays that are one-sided
- Your lecturers are looking for essays that explore
and discuss differing view points. Views that can provoke
some kind of reaction from the reader are generally the
Always consider the basis of what your argument will depend
upon, i.e. those assumptions or factors that are inherent in
Always show the depth of your knowledge
sure that you take care in analysing the question in order to
demonstrate your understanding of the
diligent and use accurate graphs to represent data and
examples related to your topic to back up the points made in
to other writers work in your essay (if you can) in a
relevant and appropriate manner.
Remember to use your analysis skills
- Try and breakdown the subject material in a revealing way
that will help the reader to see the issues you are discussing
in your essay.
- Use business concepts when you can to explore the effects and
causes of the issues discussed in your
examine arguments in a critical
Always state which particular arguments that you believe are
the most important in your essay and
Remember to please the examiners at every
- Use terminology and concepts that are appropriate to your
essay subject area.
using slang in your essay.
- Always be relevant, to the point and concise in your essay
- Make sure you have left enough time for yourself to write a
good conclusion to your essay.
need help with your essay writing or need our
UK essay writers to write an essay for
you, please submit your request to us TODAY by clicking on this
Bookmark this page: